As the Western American Diocese Annual is going to press, we are just about to begin our 2012 Camp )July 15-Aug 4) St. Sava program in Jackson, CA. This year we mark the fifty-first year of the camp and the fiftieth season at St. Sava Mission. We have over 220 campers registered, which is a few more than last year. Camp enrollment has been growing, slowly and steadily, for the last five years. Again, thanks to the generosity of the Friends of Camp St. Sava, nearly ten percent of the campers attending are receiving a full scholarship. One of the goals of the Friends stewardship program is to enable families who do not have the financial means to send their children to the camp.
Serbian Days Celebration St. Sava Church, Issaquah, WA
- Created on Saturday, 28 July 2012 04:14
As in every year, St. Sava Church in Issaquah, WA celebrated Serbian Days in commemoration of the consecration of the church. This year on July 28th & 29th, we were blessed to have His Grace, Bishop Maxim join us. His Grace celebrated the Divine Liturgy at our sister church The Protection of the Most Holy Mother of God (Pokrov) Church in Seattle on July 28 along with concelebrants Fr. Serafim Gascoigne, parish priest, Fr. Ilija Balach of St. Sava Church and Fr. Nikola Todorovic of St. Stephen the First Martyr Church in Portland. After Divine Liturgy everyone was treated to a delicious lunch and during lunch were entertained by instrumental and vocal musical renditions.
- Bishop Maxim Celebrates the Divine Liturgy in Alhambra, California
- Krsna Slava and Archpastoral Visit to St. Peter the Apostle Parish in Fresno, California
- Krsna Slava and Archpastoral Visit to St. John the Baptist Mission in Reno
- Archpastoral visit to St. Xenia Skete & St. Andrew's Church in Northern California
- Bishop Maxim's First Pastoral Visit to Mexico