On Sunday, July 22, 2012, the 7th Sunday after Pentecost, at the Saint Steven's Serbian Orthodox Church in Alhambra, California, His Grace Bishop Maxim, together with Fr. Jovan Babic, Diocesan Assistant Chancellor, Fr. Nicholas Ceko, Dean of the Cathedral, Fr. Norman Kosanovich, Assistant Priest at the Cathedral, and the faithful parishioners of Saint Steven's Cathedral, celebrated the Divine Liturgy commemorating The Holy Hieromartyr Pancratius, Bishop of Taormina in Italy and the Holy Hieromartyr Cyril, Bishop of Gortina in Crete. Following the Divine Liturgy, His Grace, Bishop Maxim, all the Clergy and parishioners, enjoyed few hours of fellowship and a delicious luncheon in the main hall.
Bishop Maxim Celebrates the Divine Liturgy in Alhambra, California
- Created on Sunday, 22 July 2012 08:28
Krsna Slava and Archpastoral Visit to St. Peter the Apostle Parish in Fresno, California
- Created on Sunday, 15 July 2012 08:28
His Grace, Bishop MAXIM led the parish of St. Peter the Apostle in Fresno, California in the celebration of their Slava, on Sunday, July 15, 2012. Serving at the Hierarchical Liturgy were host priest Protopresbyter Stavrophor George Gligic and the Diocesan Chancellor Hieromonk Jovan Babic. Prior to the start of the Liturgy Bishop Maxim tonsured as Readers parishioners John Davis and Joseph Wesseler. At the end of the Liturgy the traditional Litya procession around the church was held followed by the blessing of the Feast Day bread and wheat.
This year the parish honored Randy and Janice McAtee as Kumovi for their many years of faithful and dedicated service to our parish community. The Slava Luncheon was held in the parish hall and featured a program by our young children’s dance group and a special performance by pianist Nathan
- Krsna Slava and Archpastoral Visit to St. John the Baptist Mission in Reno
- Archpastoral visit to St. Xenia Skete & St. Andrew's Church in Northern California
- Bishop Maxim's First Pastoral Visit to Mexico
- Historian, Professor Bosko Bojovic, gives a presentation at St. Sava Church in San Gabriel, California
- Bishop Maxim Celebrates St. Sava in New York